Saturday, 13 June 2009

Mechanical Engineering Companies

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
mechanical engineering companies
What can I do with a major in Mechanical Engineering?

I want to major in mechnical engineering with a minor in automotive repair or something. I want to get my major in mechanical engineering and try to get a job with Ford or GM. Would a mechanical engineering degree allow me to work for Ford as an engineer. Or what kind of companies would a mechanical engineer work for?


Well, I'm a senior Mechanical Engineer and am currently interning for my third term, so I have some personal experience of what Mech. Engineers can do. I am currently working in an industrial plant that makes plastic beads that other companies buy and mold into different things. The main thing I do is asset reliability. Basically, I make sure that equipment in the plant is working properly. If not I have to come up with a plan to either improve what is there or suggest buying new equipment. I have to take into consideration safety aspects, costs, how it affects the process, etc.

There are many other things Mech. Engineers can do at work. Here are some examples that I have from friends who have interned or are currently working:

- You can work in transportation (cars, planes, and even helicopter), creating new designs or improving old ones. You can also do testing on vehicles for their wear and reliability
- You can work in an office building, creating drafts and technical drawings for equipment.
- You can end up teaching Mech. Engineering classes in a University.
- You can design certain things (for example file cabinets) and test the durability of that design by attempting to destroy it.
- You can work in a plant that produces industrail pumps and sell/inform other plants about various products. It's harder than it sounds, because you have to be very knowledgable in knowing exactly what type of equipment that plant needs, as well as helping out with any troubleshooting that may occur.
- You can work do research in specialized fields. For example, researching crystallography will help find the best materials to use in different applications.
- You can work in power plants and nuclear plants. You can be an asset reliabity engineer at those plants. You can also be a process engineer, basically they know the process of the plant inside and out, and can help with any engineering projects.

That's just some of the things I can think of, but as you can tell, there are many different things you can do, and there will always be a need for mechanical engineering.

Hope this helps.


Mechanical Engineering Company









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="6"]mechanical engineering companies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="2"]mechanical engineering companies[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]mechanical engineering companies[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment