Engineering Question involving Moment Diagrams?
Alright, I'm trying to study for this building technology II class and were discussing Moment Diagrams. I'm trying to understand it. I know how to do it without uniform loads, but I can seem to understand how they are drawn with uniform loads. I'm reading the textbook and it gives me this example.
R1= 17.8k
R2= 8.8k
4' from R1 is a load of 21k and there is a uniform load of 400 lb/ft. The beam is 14'. Draw the moment diagram.
I understand everything except where they get one number from.
M(x=4)= (17.8k*4) - (.400*4*2)= 68k
Where does the times 2 come from? I don't understand it and the book doesn't explain it. Can you help me figure this out?
In the term (400*4*2), 400*4 = the load at x=4' due to the equally distributed load of 440 lb/ft, and the *2 is the average distance multiplier for the equally distributed load that will then give you the moment.
The moment = force x distance
The force = 400 lb/ft and the distance at which it acts from x = 2 ft.
MIE341 - Engineering Drawing Tips
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="6"]read engineering drawing[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="2"]read engineering drawing[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]read engineering drawing[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment