Orthographic Question? I need like a engineer to answer...?
So I just started Grade 9 and I'm a freshmen so please help me out? I have a tech. course and were learning about Orthographic... we had to use 2D grids and answer questions. Now this is were I need help badly like for example there will be a question that shows a 3d image and we have to draw a plan, elevation and end elevation.... and sometimes there will for one of the drawings I have to draw a dotted line? I don't know what the dotted line is used for and when to use it? All I know is it's used for a ledge or something?
JUST TELL ME WHAT THE DOTTED-LINE IS USED FOR AND WHEN TO USE IT? PLEASE GIVE ME EXAMPLES.. I GOT A QUIZ ON NEXT FRIDAY!!!
REMEMBER THIS IS FOR ORTHOGRAPHIC 2D IMAGE DRAWING WERE YOU GOT TO DRAW A PLAN, ELEVATION AND A END ELEVATION!!!
Bob - In orthographic projections and elevation views, dotted lines are used for "hidden lines". That means the feature or surface is behind the front surface, hidden from view. If the part was made of metal you would never see it but if it was made of glass or clear plastic, you would see it. In a highly complex part, the hidden lines can make the drawing very confusing but in a simple part, it makes it easier to understand.
Good luck on your quiz.
Introduction to Profile Tolerancing
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="6"]engineering drawings examples[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="2"]engineering drawings examples[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]engineering drawings examples[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment