Drawing contour map by hand or software with only elevation data?
I have a grid of points (in rows, columns) that each have an elevation number. I have to draw contours on this "map" (the grid) with a 100 ft contour interval. Is there a simple software I can use that would create a contour map beside on this? I can assign each elevation a (x,y) based on the row/column the point is in the grid. The drawing that I make by hand doesn't look good.
Thanks for the advice but what I meant by having trouble is that i am not sure what the contour map should really look like. If I could use a software to create one that would actually help me with making them by hand (even though it is just copying but will help with future ones).
I don't know any cheap and simple ones. Hand drawn may have to suffice! I suggest you draw a fair copy and then improve on it.
Edit
You could use some artist curve rulers to improve your lines. They are usually cheap and are available anywhere that sells artist materials, straight edges, protractors etc.
StruCad evolution - Member Grid from AceCad Software
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="7"]grid drawing software[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="6"]grid drawing software[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment