How do I become a cad technician?
I have a BEng in Civil engineering and have worked for the past 8 years as a railway engineer, carrying out some small scale design work on microstation, site work and some project management. I want to change direction and become a full time CAD technician, preferably in structures, but I'm unsure as to the route I should take to do this. Is it best to just put some applications out, or get re-trained in the latest procedures etc?
Training courses part time are available in various parts of the UK. You can alternatively buy a CAD programme in the subject which interests you and teach yourself but a properly structured course would make you more efficient.
With a BEng you can do better than this and carry out design work using CAD as a tool rather than the main part of the work. You would I think become bored and miss the great outdoors possibly just doing CAD all day long and every day.
I am a retired building services engineer and CAD suits me as a hobby.
Korg microSTATION Music Workstation- Official Product Introduction
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="6"]microstation[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="2"]microstation[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]microstation[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment