Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Technical Drawing Skills

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
technical drawing skills
I will be attending college next year, but I don't know what to major in. I'm into technology...?

I have an AA degree in Graphic Design, but it turned out to be a waste of money and time. I have low drawing skills, but I'm good in the technical side, meaning I could figure out how to use the programs and stuff like that.

I don't wanna do the same mistake again when I go to a 4-year college; I want to get a dregree that will garantee me a job.

I like Graphic Design, but that job is not in demand.
I like Computers, and I really love music.

I'm in a metal band, but even though I think we are good, the chances of making it big I think are not very bright.

Please someone advice me...


That's the thing - if you are good with computers, but don't have a solid artistic background and skills in that area, you wasted your time in graphic design. It is, primarily, art. You use the tools to help you produce art. And then, you get jobs on the strength of your portfolio, usually freelance, at least at first. It's a tough field to try to enter.

But you were good at the tools. and you like working with computers. You enjoyed design, even if you can't draw. You also like music. I wonder if, therefore, one of these fields might be of interest?
- Management information systems
- Information Technology
- Management
- Sound Design (via a theater major)
- Music Education
- Communications
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Marketing

I'm leaning toward sound design or music education for you. Both are in demand. With sound design, you'd want to get experience at school in student productions, with local theaters and tv stations, and via summer stock. With music ed, you'd do student teaching.

There is no guarantee that you'll get a job out of a bachelor's degree. You need more than just the education. You also need to get good grades, go to an okay school with a good rep (your state university is likely fine), and do some co-ops, internships or similar so you get related work experience.

If you want a field where you're almost guaranteed a job, the only one I can suggest is nursing - BS RN. But even there, you need to put in the clinical hours.

And again, any major can work out, so long as you get some related work experience while you're in school. Do a co-op, internship, volunteer work in your field. Get a part-time job in something somewhat related. Join clubs and etc. All this helps build the experience that employers want from new graduates.


Jewelry Design - Capturing Design Ideas With Rough Sketches









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="6"]technical drawing skills[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="2"]technical drawing skills[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]technical drawing skills[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment