Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Artist Drawing Software

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
artist drawing software
How do I get into Drawing Comics for a Living?

I enjoy drawing comics. I draw every day. I draw my inspiration from my pet rats. I am still developing my art- but I was wondering if there is any advice or sites that would help me. I would like to either be an animator or a comic book artist or BOTH.

I also wish it didn't take so long to draw. Software suggestion for my MAC OSX?


Well, first......get your art technique and style down. A well written book is essential, but half the time unless the writer is a big name, art is what sells these things. A casual buyer sees the cover first. If you wanna work for someone else, submit your work to anyone who will look and keep doing it.

Many artist have to go the self publishing route or try to get picked up by an indie small press publisher. You could do the webcomic thing as well. The guys behind Penny Arcade have done quite well for themselves.

The comic world is harsh. Its a declining hobby, and even now only the really hardcore collectors actually buy issues, most download or pick up trade paperbacks. Its hard to get noticed at all, and even more unlikely to end up rich and famous doing it.

Animation is cool, but its also tedious. Most animators are Line Animators, who draw things like legs and mouths moving between Key Frames. Plus most of that work is farmed out to Asia. Even Japanese studios farm out a good amount of animation work on a production.

If you wanna be creative, comics can be a good outlet. You wont get to be creative in animation till you've been in the industry for quite some time if even then.

Have you considered going to an Art School? Many of them offer courses on Sequential Art. Would be a good place to start.


How to paint the MONA LISA with MS PAINT









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="7"]artist drawing software[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="6"]artist drawing software[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment