Google SketchUp vs AutoCAD?
I have some basic questions about SketchUP and AutoCAD.
I'm totally new to 3D software and was planning to enroll in an AutoCAD
course before I found SketchUP and found out some self training with the
free tutorials might give me some good handicap before I go to the more advanced stage.
My question is : Is it possible to transfer without any issue (bugs, etc.) a 3D file from SketchUP to Autocad and continue the work in AutoCAD, or vice-versa?
What would be the best way for someone like me (that knows almost nothing) to get started?
and...what would be the best figures to start drawing for someone who eventually plans to design mainly electrical heavy equipments?
Thanks a lot.
Yes You can
I do this all the time.
But Sketchup is not very good for accurate drafting.
I prefer doing 3D in Auto CAD and then import it in sketchup and continue working there.
you concentrate on Auto CAD. bcos, in your line of work, precision is important. Electrical Equipments cannot be guess work.
so, do 2d drawings for your product,
then convert it into 3d using Extrudes and booleans.
Once you are through with that,
take it into sketchup (I normally trake it into 3ds max) and do your presentation there.
by the way I am an architect.but i dont think our lines are very different in the sense of drafting.
see ya
PS. there are some possible issues while importing from sketchup TO Auto CAD. I wouldnt call them BUGS, but still, its not always very comfortable when u r dealing with a large file.
its same for any software thats compatible with auto CAD
Cable Size
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="7"]electrical drawing software free[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="6"]electrical drawing software free[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment